One of the more popular repos that users add to Cydia after jailbreaking is one called AppVV and it is added to Cydia so that vShare could be downloaded. vShare allows us to download from a range of paid apps and games . It is a great way to try and app before you buy it and you can find out how to add the AppVV repo by clicking on the linked article. People will be able to do this without any hassle, some users have reported a “Failed to Fetch” error that arises when they are installing the repo.
Image : Fix Failed to Fetch AppVV Error
How to Fix Failed to Fetch Error on AppVV :
The “Failed to Fetch” error is similar to the 404 error you get when you try to open a website that doesn’t exist anymore. You will likely see an error that says something along the lines of “some index files failed to be downloaded, they have been ignored or old ones used instead”.
Image : Failed To Fetch Error
Luckily, it is an easy error to fix; simply remove the AppVV repo form Cydia and then re-add it again. Here’s how.
- Open Cydia
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap on Sources > Edit
- Now find AppVV on the list of sources and tap on the minus sign [-] beside it
- This will Delete AppVV from Cydia
- Now tap on Changes at the bottom of your screen and tap on Refresh
- All your Cydia sources will refresh and AppVV will be gone from the list
- Respring your device and open Cydia again
- Tap on Sources
- Then tap on Edit > Add
- Type this URL into the box to add the repo: http://repo.appvv.org
- Tap Add Anyway on the warning screen and wait for Cydia to reload AppVV
- Respring your device, go back into Cydia and you can start using AppVV Repo to download vShare.
This should fix the problem; sometimes, the repos get overwhelmed and get a little twitchy, causing GPG errors to flash up. In most cases, removing the offending repo and then adding it back again will work. Do be patient though; sometimes you may need to give it a little time before trying to add it back in again.
Let us know if this tutorial has helped you to fix the error on your iOS device and follow us on Facebook for more tutorials and tips like this.