Those of you who are familiar to jailbreaking will know what a repository is. For those that don’t know, a repository, or repo as they are better known, is a kind of storage place and in Cydia these repos are used to store apps, tweaks, modifications and all sorts of other downloads that you can use on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Cydia comes with several popular repos already installed and, for those new to jailbreaking, these repos will contain everything you need to get started.
Image : AppVV repo Source
On occasion, you may want to add another one to Cydia and this is an easy enough thing to do, we’ll be giving you the steps later. One for the most popular repos that many iOS users add is one called AppVV. You may be familiar with this one as it is home to the popular app installer called vShare [ about ]. vShare is the means to downloading paid and premium apps and games, as well as ringtones wallpapers and themes .
How to Add Appvv Repo to Cydia :
If you have not yet installed a jailbreak on you iOS device, you need to do so first. Choose from one of the following available utilities:
- Cydia Download [ext link]
Once you have installed a jailbreak, follow these steps :
- Open Cydia and run through the steps needed to set it up [ all you need will be available on the screen ]
- Respring your device and reopen Cydia
- Tap on Sources, bottom of your screen
- Now tap on Edit and then Add
- A box will appear; type this URL in, http://repo.appvv.org
- You will now see a warning box, tap on Add Anyway [ this is a safe repo to add ]
- Now wait for Cydia to install the new repository and respring back to your home screen
- You can now go back into Cydia and use the AppVV repository.
You can find all sorts in AppVV but the most popular are vShare and vShare Pro, both well used apps for downloading paid content . Please note that, we would advise you to use this only to try out an app before you support the developer and buy it through the proper channels.
Fixing AppVV Repo Errors :
There are some common errors that occur while using AppVV repo source :
- Failed to Fetch Error : Click the link to see the instructions on how to fix
- GPG Error : Click the link to see the solution
- SSL error : “cannot connect to ssl vshare.appvv.api”. Close Safari and shut down all open apps. Wait a few minutes and then repeat the above steps
Let us know how you get on and, for more updates, follow us on Facebook.